2 Herbs for Fracture Repairing🦴!
The process of healing and repairing after a fracture is quite exhausting, so here is how you can make it a way easier and speedy!
The two miracle herbs which are being talked about in the cases of fractures, joint pains, osteoporosis, low bone health and other such conditions are
1. ASTHISHRANKHLA 2. BABBOOL
Let us read them in elaboration
Botanical name- Cissus Quadrangularis
English- Edible stemmed vine
Synonyms- Asthisamhara, vrajvalli
WHAT DOES ASTHISHRANKHALA DO?
1. Kaphavata shamak.
In Ayurveda, the place of vata is bones and the lower body. Also, this herb is vata shamak , therefore it suppresses the problematic area during fractures and weak bone health.
One of the diseases caused by kapha is sandhishool Or the pain of joints, as asthishrankhala calms kapha, therefore it relieves joint related diseases.
As mentioned above, vrajvalli calms down the vatta and kapha by increasing the amount of pitta, which is necessary for the relief during all kinds of fractures, osteoporosis and joint issues.
Also, this quality of the herb signifies that it is hot in nature and is harmful to be consumed in large quantities.
Specially in a person with pitta prakruti, the dosage must be carefully selected.
All kinds of swelling, burning, itching and pains can be removed by asthishrankhala due to its property of shothahara.
Pain management is a field where asthishrankhala has proved to have very good results.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF ASTHISHRANKHALA?
- Repairing fractures is the major use of this herb where it has always proved to have amazing therapeutic effects.
- Swelling which is caused by external factors is another field of its work.
- Also, in the cases of ear bleeding, the juice extract from this herb is poured into the ear under medical supervision.
- In both of the above conditions, massage with the oils made from this herb is extremely beneficial.
- In many researches, the consumption of this herb in the form of tablet or powder had proved to cure fractures in a short period of time!
WHAT ARE THE PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN WHILE USING ASTHISHRANKHALA?
- Asthishrankhala is a dravya of hot nature therefore it is never taken directly in pitta patients.
- Directly keeping it on the tongue can cause Mouth ulcers or the erosion of mucous membrane.
- It can either be roasted in ghee and then consumed or in the capsule form is also safe.
- While handling the herb with hands, always wear a pair of gloves as a sticky milky substance is constantly released which causing itching and redness on the skin.
WHAT IS THE USED PART AND DOSAGE OF ASTHISHRANKHALA?
- Mainly, the stem of this plant asthishrankhala is used to be made into a powder, paste, capsule or juice form.
- Dosage must be concerned with an ayurvedic doctor before the consumption, as different prakruti requires different amount of it.
- Mostly it is 10-20 ml in the swaras form.
The second herb in the sequence of bone health is BABBOOL, which is full of calcium content.
Here's about it in elaboration.
Botanical name- Acacia Arabica
English- Gum tree
Synonyms- Yugamkant, kinkirat, malafal, sapitak
WHAT DOES BABOOL DO?
Bone repairing is a common thing, but the repair comprising the same shape , size and mechanical strength of the bone is the main thing, also it's one of the abilities of babool.
Many researchs at international levels have been conducted, Many seminars at worldwide levels have been spoken about the functioning of BABBOOL in fracture healing.
The conclusion being, BABBOOL speeds the natural healing of fracture as it is loaded with calcium and other important bone forming salts.
- BABBOOL is a KAPHAPITTA SHAMAK which signifies its ability of anti inflammation.
- Anti inflammation is the ultimate key used in curing of bone fractures and osteoporosis issues.
- VATTAPITTA SHAMAK- Unlike asthishrankhala, BABBOOL is safer to use because it has a cooling effect by nature as it is a pitta or heat suppressing dravya.
- STAMBHAN- It shows the property of binding capacity, therefore it is an amazing fracture repairer.
- Apart from osteological uses, Babbool is used in health conditions like diarrhoea, diabetes, urine and blood sugar level disorders.
WHAT ARE THE PARTS USED AND DOSAGE OF BABBOOL?
- The parts of BABBOOL used are stem, leaf and flower.
- Dosage must be concerned with an ayurvedic doctor before consumption.
- In most of the cases the dosage is Powder - 3-6 gm or Kwath- 50-100 ml
"The process of healing requires patience and positivity! Still ,You can fasten this process with use of certain nature made dravyas."